Peer Review #1
Christina (4) @ http://fooooodblog.blogspot.com !
Christina's blog looks homely and inviting because of the bright background used. The background is also very relevant to this PT. I like the fact that Christina took the initiative to post pictures of the old and new food pyramid for her viewers' reference even though it was not a criteria in the PT and went on to write about her views on the food pyramids. She also analysed her diet based on her pyramid to see what she would have to increase/reduce to obtain a balanced meal! Her analysis of her three-day-diet was done manually and that is a really tedious task to do as there are so many components and food and she had to total up everything at the end to see if she exceeded her required amount. She could have used the Food Intake Assessment tool instead but this also shows that Christina is very meticulous in her work and takes pride to do a good job of it even though it was very tedious and she had to take 2 days to do it. Also, I like the way she presented her diet analysis, it was neat and very well organised. Good job, Christina! (:
Peer Review #2
Jessica Liu (16) @ http://cookingnutrition.wordpress.com !
I like how Jessica organised her three day diet into neat and well-organised tables which are easy to read! Her analysis is also very detailed and I like how she provided her own opinions of the analysis and also explain how a diet high in sodium elevates blood pressure instead of just stating the detrimental health problems of a high sodium intake. This shows that Jessica is thoughtful in analysing her diet. Also, Jessica took the effort to analyse the nutrient composition of all the food she eat (to the best of her ability) and this shows that she takes note of her diet to see whether they are healthy or not.
On a different note, I personally liked the fact that Jessica includes emoticons in her blog to express what she feels about something. They are also nice to look at and adds colour to the blog. Good job, Jessica! (:
Peer Review #3
Nicole (2) @ http://loot-thefood.blogspot.com !
Nicole's blog is very detailed and contains a lot of interesting information about food and nutrition! Even though she was unable to access the Health Promotion Board tools, she tried to substitute it by her own analysis. Though it is not as detailed, it shows it's viewers an interesting point-of-view of the food and is more interesting to read. She also did her own research on the meals she ate to make up for the diet analysis. It shows that she puts in a lot of effort and the information she found is also very interesting and I learnt many new things after reading her blog! I like the fact that she inserts her own personal views in the food analysis (: Also, the pie chart she included of peanut butter was very interesting and I learnt something new from it too. I did not know that peanut butter contained so much calories! Good job, Nicole! (: